Arsenal in talks to complete free transfer as best line-up after exciting £60m deal is revealed



Here’s all the news from around the Emirates Stadium over the past 24 hours.

Emergency Everton meeting ahead of Arsenal

Everton have called an emergency board meeting ahead of Monday night’s clash against Arsenal.

The Toffees have lost six of their last seven Premier League games – a run of results that sees them just five points above the relegation zone.

As a result, The Mirror claim that the club’s chairman Bill Kenwright has called an emergency meeting with manager Rafa Benitez’s future high up the agenda.

The Spaniard is yet to win fans over, with his previous affiliation to Liverpool undoubtedly causing problems with supporters.

The pressure is now mounting on the Spaniard and the aforementioned report says that director of football Marcel Brands has flown back from the Netherlands, where he had been with family to discuss the ongoing situation.

Read more.

Zakaria talks

Arsenal are in talks with Denis Zakaria’s agents about a free transfer next summer.

That’s according to reports in Germany, as per Sport Witness, who claim that the Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder has decided his next move will be to the Premier League.

And with the Swizterland international out of contract at the end of the season, he will be a bargain signing for whatever team manages to secure his signature.

The aforementioned report claims that Arsenal face competition from Juventus, Inter Milan, Roma, Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund for Zakaria, but the Gunners have a major advantage.

This is because it’s claimed that the midfielder’s ‘preferred destination’ is the Premier League, and while there have been ‘loose contacts’ with Manchester United and Manchester City, it is the Gunners who are ‘more concretely interested.’

Furthermore, the north London outfit are said to be in talks with Zakaria’s agent and are ‘scenting’ a free transfer, but they’ll need to be back in Europe next season in order to be successful with these negotiations.

Best line-ups with Calvert-Lewin or David

Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing Lille centre-forward Jonathan David and Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin next summer.

Of course, it could very well be one or the other instead of both as the Gunners will likely need to sign a new striker in the coming months considering both Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah’s contracts expire at the end of the current campaign.

Here are three different ways Arsenal could lineup if they were able to sign David.

And here is how the Gunners could lineup if they managed to seal a £60m deal for Calvert-Lewin instead.

For the north London outfit to bolster their first-team squad next summer, you get the feeling they’ll need to offer any target some sort of European football – whether that be the Champions League, Europa League or Europa Conference League.





Source link