Here are your Chelsea evening headlines for Monday, March 22.
Fikayo Tomori claim made
It has been an impressive loan spell for Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori so far.
The Blues defender joined AC Milan in January and although he has only made 12 appearances for the Serie A side, he has made quite the impression.
Indeed, former Italian footballer and current pundit Paolo Ziliani has claimed that Tomori is one of the best defenders around in Italy at present, claiming that he has already managed to outshine Juventus’ Matthijs De Ligt.
Writing on Twitter, he said: “One thing Milan cannot fail to do is pay Chelsea the 28 million for Tomori. If it cost 35 for Tonali, which isn’t worth it (at least for now) Bennacer and Kessi, Tomori at 28 is a bargain.
“For anticipation, speed and agility he is better than De Ligt, who cost Juve 85.5.”
Blues dealt summer transfer blow
Chelsea have missed out on summer transfer target David Alaba.
That’s according to Sky Germany, who state the Bayern Munich star has rejected an offer to make the move to Stamford Bridge on a free transfer this summer.
Alaba is out of contract at Bayern and looking for a new club after 11 years, despite being offered a new deal, deciding to pursue a new challenge.
Chelsea have been strongly linked with a potential free transfer for the 28-year-old, but the latest reports suggest that the Blues are set to miss out on him, with Alaba reportedly saying no to the move to link up with Thomas Tuchel.
Why should you sign up?
In each football.london Chelsea bulletin, we’ll be bringing you the latest breaking news, transfer features and comment pieces, as well as the key talking points for fans.
We’ll also send special newsletters when big stories break or there’s a special event happening.
How do you sign up?
It’s easy and only takes seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article – or any article on the Chelsea section of football.london in fact – labelled ‘Get the biggest daily stories by email’ and click ‘Subscribe’.
And that’s it, you’re all set.
If you decide later that you no longer wish to receive the emails, simply follow the unsubscribe link in one of the newsletters – but we don’t think you’ll want to.
For more details, click here.
Erling Haaland speaks out on his future
The future of Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland continues to be the subject of much debate ahead of the summer transfer window.
The Norwegian international, who has scored 39 goals in 36 matches for club and country this season, has been linked with Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United.
But there is also interest from several other top sides in Europe, with Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain also linked.
However, Haaland has played down talk of leaving Borussia Dortmund this summer.
“I still have three years of [my] contract. I am not upset about that,” he said at a press conference whilst away on international duty with Norway, as per Cope.
“The media are the ones who write about it, I don’t focus on those things. I want to improve every day.
“Ronaldo and Messi … I don’t need to talk about them, they are the best of all time.
“They are still very far away, so to speak. somehow.”