Here’s all the news from around Stamford Bridge over the past 24 hours.
Zenit boost confirmed
Chelsea begin the defence of their Champions League crown tomorrow night when they welcome Zenit Saint Petersburg to west London.
And the Russian side have already been handed a boost ahead of the trip to the capital with news that Malcom has been given the all clear to be available for selection.
The Brazilian alongside his teammate, Claudinho, was initially ruled out of the game after the Brazilian FA requested FIFA to impose bans on the players who failed to report to international duty due to Covid-19 fears.
However, the decision was reverted on Friday evening, allowing Malcom to face Chelsea and he’s delighted.
“I spoke with my girlfriend about it and said that if I can’t play against either Akhmat or Chelsea, it would be one of the saddest things that’s happened to me,” Malcom said. “Fortunately, we got the letter this morning and I was told I can play. I was extremely happy, this is some of the best news I’ve ever received!
“The starting XI was decided yesterday, but I’m happy I was able to come on in the second half and help us get the win.”
Lukaku accepts Ronaldo challenge
Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo look set to go the distance in pursuit of the Premier League Golden Boot.
Saturday saw both forwards net braces in three-goal margin victories for their respective teams, but the Chelsea star holds a slender advantage having netted against Arsenal last month.
As a result, it’s currently Lukaku 3-2 Ronaldo.
But there will be plenty of twists and turns between now and May as you can expect both will be renewing their battle which first began in 2019 when Lukaku joined Ronaldo in Italy.
The Manchester United no.7 has come out on top in both bouts so far, so will it be third time lucky for Chelsea’s perfect striker?
Chelsea legend John Terry appeared on Sky Sports recently and expressed his desire to become a manager after leaving Aston Villa in the summer.
“Obviously [I’m] always waiting [for a management job],” he admitted “But the idea was to step away, spend a year with the family and then see what comes up.
“We’re a month into the season, I’m sure jobs will come up and I’m there and waiting and doing what I need to do in the background. But if not, I’m enjoying my time with my family.”
Well, a month into the new season and there could be a surprise return on the cards for Terry.
Although, a Chelsea homecoming is not on the cards, but rather another spell with Championship side Nottingham Forest whom he spent a brief loan spell in 2000.
According to The Sun, Terry is keen on the job at the City Ground should Chris Hughton get sacked.
And in a potential boost for Terry, there has been no contact between Forest and former Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder who is also said to be interested if the role becomes available.