Here are your Arsenal morning headlines for Tuesday, June 8.
Saliba eyed by Magpies
Newcastle United are said to be keen to move early to sign Arsenal centre-back William Saliba ahead of next season.
Saliba spent this season on loan with Nice and Mikel Arteta is keen to get him back ahead of pre-season to give him a chance to impress ahead of next term.
But the Magpies are looking to offer Saliba the chance to continue to impress on loan but much closer to his parent club.
The Chronicle claim Mike Ashley has given Steve Bruce the go ahead to make early signings and that Saliba is a player under serious consideration.
Arsenal appear to have swiftly moved on from Emi Buendia after missing out on the Norwich City star.
Buendia was a long-term target of the Gunners, but it was Aston Villa who got over the line first, agreeing a club-record deal believed to be £34million plus add-ons that could take the deal up to £40m.
It is a real blow for Arsenal, who are said to have matched Villa’s offer, but the conditions of the Midlands club’s offer was believed to have been more appealing.
That meant Arsenal missed out, and they are now left searching for alternatives, with creative midfielder Martin Odegaard also potentially off the table amid a firm Real Madrid stance.
Fussball Transfers report Brandt disappointed this season and he is up for sale, along with Nico Schulz, with Arsenal credited with an interest for the former.
Like Buendia, Brendt is capable of playing both as a creative midfielder and a winger, though he didn’t exactly catch the eye with only four goals and two assists in 45 appearances across all competitions.
Do you want all the latest news from around Arsenal Football Club straight to your email inbox?
Of course you do.
By signing up for our Arsenal newsletter, you will receive a twice-daily email, focused on all the latest news from the Emirates Stadium.
And, not only that, but you will get exclusive content from our club writers Chris Wheatley and Kaya Kaynak before anyone else.
You won’t miss a thing when it comes to the Gunners.
How do you sign up?
It’s easy and only takes seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article – or any article on the Arsenal section of football.london in fact – labelled ‘Get the biggest daily stories by email’ and click ‘Subscribe’.
Alternatively, you can click here and tick the Arsenal box to subscribe for our Gunners newsletter.
If you decide later that you no longer wish to receive the emails, simply follow the unsubscribe link in one of the newsletters – but we don’t think you’ll want to.
Truth behind Partey sack claims
Arsenal midfielder Thomas Partey was not sacked from international duty, but was instead granted permission to be excused for rest.
There were reports circling from Ghanaian media on Monday morning that the 27-year-old had been sent away from international duty for disciplinary reasons.
However, football.london understands that is not the case, with the Gunners midfielder instead being granted permission to sit out and thus miss international friendlies against Morocco and the Ivory Coast.
Sources have confirmed that Partey asked for permission to be excused, that request being granted by Ghana boss Charles Akonnor.
Instead, the player believed to have been actually sacked was reportedly former Reading graduate and current Brentford man Tariq Fosu.