Sevilla coach issues fresh update on Jules Kounde future amid £68m Chelsea transfer rumours


Sevilla boss Julen Lopetegui has insisted that there is no signs that Jules Kounde will be leaving the club this month.

Chelsea are interested in signing the 22-year-old defender, who reportedly has a £68million release clause in his contract with the Spanish club, but there is said to be no official offer that’s gone in just yet.

Kounde impressed in La Liga last season for the Seville-based outfit, earning him attention from the Premier League, but the Blues are reluctant to meet his release clause.

Instead, Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia is seeking a solution where the west London club will not have to pay his full clause and can strike the fee down to a price that suits both parties, according to 90Min.

Kounde is reportedly open to a move away from Sevilla, but with no official offer yet to arrive at the club’s door, he has shown no signs that he wants to leave, according to the team’s manager.

Lopetegui said, via Spanish news outlet Marca: “I don’t have the feeling that this is his last game [Sunday’s 3-0 win against Rayo Vallecano]. There is nothing that tells me that he will not continue with us.

“He played a very good game. Things can happen until 31st August. We need to strengthen positions and we are working on it.”

Chelsea have recently completed the £97.5million signing of Romelu Lukaku, meaning another £68million could cause complications with Financial Fair Play.



Chelsea are interested in signing Sevilla defender Jules Kounde before the transfer window closes
Chelsea are interested in signing Sevilla defender Jules Kounde before the transfer window closes

Sevilla’s sporting director Monchi recently revealed that there is yet to be an official offer presented to him for the France international’s services.

Monchi told the club’s official TV station: “To this day there is no real offer on the table, nor has there been. Obviously, there’s been a lot of noise, a lot of clubs have asked about him.”

Kounde himself said earlier in the summer that he would certainly be making a move elsewhere during the transfer window.

“Regarding my future, it’s certain that I will perhaps have to change clubs this summer,” the Frenchman said in May.

“But nothing has been finalised yet. I have not decided anything. My goal is to play for a big club, to try to always progress and to win trophies.

“It’s true that I might have to move but that’s not relevant today.”

As it stands, Thomas Tuchel has Antonio Rudiger, Cesar Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva, Andreas Christensen, Malang Sarr and Kurt Zouma to choose from at centre-back.





Source link

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on tumblr
Tumblr
Share on stumbleupon
StumbleUpon