Sevilla issue major Jules Kounde update amid Chelsea and Manchester United transfer rumours


Sevilla president Castro has confirmed the club will sell Jules Kounde should they receive the appropriate offer for the defender, with Chelsea previously interested in his services.

The Blues were heavily interested in signing the 23-year-old central defender, who has less than three years remaining on his contract in Seville, over the summer transfer window, but were reluctant to pay the reported £68million release clause put in his deal.

Despite the strong interest in Kounde, the France international instead stayed put at the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium, and has played 13 times in all competitions for the Spanish side already this season.

Manchester United have recently been linked with a move for the Frenchman as well, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reportedly wanting to improve his back-line in January after a poor start to the Premier League season.



Official kits from the 2021/22 season are among Kitbag's sales and discounts

Savings are available today from sports retailer Kitbag.

The online store is getting a leap on the competition ahead of Black Friday, which this year lands on November 26.

Along with official kits and merchandise from clubs in the Premier League, Kitbag also sells products from top sides in leading leagues across the world including La Liga, Serie A, and the Bundesliga.

Click here to check out the Kitbag website and use the code BOOTS at checkout.

This article contains affiliate links, we may receive a commission on any sales we generate from it.Learn more

Now, Castro has confirmed that Sevilla will allow Kounde to leave the club in January should an appropriate offer – which may well involve his release clause being triggered – comes their way over the winter transfer window.

The Sevilla president told Cope: “Jules Kounde deal? We’re not going to change our position. If the proposal we receive is out of market, we will sell our players to sign new ones.”



Jules Kounde continues to be linked with a move to Chelsea
Jules Kounde continues to be linked with a move to Chelsea

It is yet to be seen whether Chelsea will reignite their interest in Kounde over the January window. The French defender admitted that the Blues’ interest in his services did have an impact on him over the summer.

Speaking to French outlet TF1, Kounde said: “Did it affect me? Yes, a little bit, but now I’ve dealt with it.”

Thomas Tuchel, when pressed on Chelsea’s pursuit of Kounde after the summer transfer window shut, admitted that the Blues were interested in signing the highly-rated Frenchman.

He said: “Marina [Granovskaia] was in charge and she is the best person who can be in charge.

“We were in contact and Petr Cech (technical and performance advisor) was in contact. Us three, we knew about all the situations. We knew things can happen, things can happen late, and we were also very aware of the situation that, maybe, nothing happens at all.

“I assured everybody that I’m also happy if we cannot bring a player in. We will find the solution within the squad. We will push players within the squad.

“But it was clear we tried for Kounde and Saul and it was very, very late, but it was a very, very smooth transfer window because I had full concentration on training and on my team.”





Source link

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on tumblr
Tumblr
Share on stumbleupon
StumbleUpon