Spurs striker Harry Kane told who to leave for in the summer amid Newcastle takeover threat


Spurs striker Harry Kane has been told that rejuvenated Newcastle United are now a realistic destination come the summer after the Saudi-led takeover was completed last week.

Kane, 28, hasn’t looked himself since being denied his dream £150 transfer to Man City in the summer after the striker made his intentions of leaving clear early on in the summer transfer window that has just passed by.

Daniel Levy’s reluctance to lose his most valuable asset directly affected Tottenham’s number nine, who then went back on his own words in the latter stages of the transfer window to announce that he was unexpectedly going to stay in N17.

“It was incredible to see the reception from the Spurs fans on Sunday and to read some of the messages of support I’ve had in the last few weeks,” he explained on social media.

“I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success. #COYS.”

Having looked disillusioned with the decision made that directly went against his wishes, it’s no wonder that the 28-year-old hasn’t looked his clinical self in the early parts of the 2021/22 Premier League season but it may not be long now before his dream scenario comes true.

It is expected that this will be Kane’s final season with the north Londoners unless they win some silverware this term and with that unlikely considering their fortunes over the past decade in various competitions, talk will now turn to who will sign the three-time Golden Boot winner.

Amazingly, away from the status quo of the so-called big teams being the most likely destination for the striker, a new competitor could enter the fray in the form of Newcastle United.

The Magpies confirmed on Wednesday evening last week that a takeover from Saudi Arabia-backed consortium, Public Investment Fund (PIF), has now been completed with controversial former owner Mike Ashley selling his shares in the club.

A Premier League statement said: “The Premier League, Newcastle United Football Club and St James Holdings Limited have today settled the dispute over the takeover of the club by the consortium of PIF, PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media.

“The legal disputes concerned which entities would own and/or have the ability to control the club following the takeover.

“All parties have agreed the settlement is necessary to end the long uncertainty for fans over the club’s ownership.



NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 08: Newcastle United Directors Amanda Staveley (L) and Mehrdad Ghodoussi (R) pose for photographs inside their stadium after meeting with staff at St. James Park on October 08, 2021 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. (Photo by Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images)
Newcastle could splash the cash after their Saudi-led takeover was completed

“The Premier League has now received legally binding assurances that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control Newcastle United Football Club.

“All parties are pleased to have concluded this process which gives certainty and clarity to Newcastle United Football Club and their fans.”

Following on from this news that sent shockwaves around the footballing world, Amanda Staveley indirectly hinted at future world-class signings with the stark warning that she sent to clubs like Tottenham.

“Newcastle United deserves to be top of the Premier League. We want to get there. It will take time, but we will get there,” Staveley said to Sky Sports.

“We’re proud to be part of the Premier League. It’s an incredibly competitive league, which we love. Premier League football is the best in the world, and Newcastle United is the best team in the world.

“We want to see it get those trophies, obviously. At top of the Premier League, in Europe, but to get trophies means patience, investment, time. We want everybody to work with us to build the club towards what it needs to be.”

Aiming for the big prizes again means that marquee signings will have to be made to turn this dream scenario into reality for the new North East footballing heavyweight.

Consequently, could Kane himself see Tyneside as a realistic destination come the summer?



Harry Kane is yet to score a Premier League goal this season. (Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images)
Harry Kane is yet to score a Premier League goal this season. (Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images)

Well, Darren Ambrose certainly thinks this move could happen now as a result of the long-awaited takeover finally being given the go-ahead last Thursday.

Speaking to talkSPORT (via Shields Gazette), Ambrose believes: “Say Daniel Levy puts on another ridiculous fee that no-one else is going to pay. And Newcastle say, ‘there is £150 million, we will match that’.

“Who has more chance of winning a trophy? Tottenham or Newcastle now? Everyone is going to say (Newcastle) because they have got a project. They have got ambition. So, that could be realistic.”

With the striker demanding instance trophy-related success wherever he decides to move next, Newcastle may not be realistic in Kane’s mind, especially considering the fact that they are not in the Champions League and as Staveley alluded to in her first interview, patience will have to be required in order to see the Geordies rise again to the pinnacle of English football.

“Newcastle United is the best team in the world and we want to win trophies, be top of the Premier League and in Europe,” Staveley outlined.

“But to get trophies, it needs investment, patience, time. We want everybody to work with us and build to the club where it needs to be.”





Source link

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on tumblr
Tumblr
Share on stumbleupon
StumbleUpon