Surprise omission from Chelsea Champions League squad as Haaland is tipped to join Barcelona


Here’s all the news from around Stamford Bridge over the past 24 hours.

Tuchel transcript

The Chelsea head coach faced the media ahead of the Porto clash and the main talking point from his press conference was about potential punishment for Antonio Rudiger and Kepa amid reports of a training ground bust-up between the pair.

“No punishment so far because of the way they dealt with it. The reaction was an immediate reaction,” Thomas Tuchel said. “They made it clear for everybody what happened. Toni sorted it out directly which was also absolutely necessary.

“It was a strong and brave thing to do.

“It was the only right thing to do, to clear the air immediately.

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

“We continued and made our point clear, from the club and from me, that we are happy with the way they dealt with it but these are things that we don’t like to accept but for this situation, there is no further punishment.”

Full transcript.

Surprise omission from Champions League squad

Chelsea’s 23-man squad for Champions League clash against Porto has been announced.

N’Golo Kante, Christian Pulisic, and Tammy Abraham have all been included in a major boos that was confirmed by Tuchel when speaking to the media.

“They are fit enough to be in the squad and will be in the squad,” Tuchel said. “Christian went out just before an injury could happen, he said it at half-time that if he continued there would be an injury coming so we took him off.

Mason Mount, Billy Gilmour and Tammy Abraham post for a photo
Mason Mount, Billy Gilmour and Tammy Abraham post for a photo

“Tammy is in the squad and N’Golo did a test and will be on the bench. He is comfortable to be on the bench.”

However, in a rather surprise decision, There is no spot in the 23 for Billy Gilmour, despite training with the first team on Tuesday morning.

Read more.

The summer transfer window is just around the corner.

And the rumour mill is already starting to pick up speed.

New Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel will surely be looking to strengthen the squad he was given when he took over from Frank Lampard and there have already been a number of top players linked with a move, including Erling Haaland.

The striker is thought to be the Blues’ number on transfer priority.

But who would you sign? Get involved in our transfer window debate here.

Haaland’s next club

Erling Haaland will be a Barcelona player next season.

That is the view of former Manchester United and England midfielder Owen Hargreaves who believes the 20-year-old joining the La Liga giants this summer would convince Lionel Messi to extend his stay at the Catalan club.

“The thing about Haaland, the bigger the game, the better he gets,” Hargreaves told BT Sport, as per the Manchester Evening News. “He’s at a great club already but for how well he’s playing, he deserves to be at an even bigger club, whether it’s Barcelona or Real Madrid, City, Chelsea.

Erling Haaland is top of Chelsea's transfer wishlist this summer
Erling Haaland is top of Chelsea’s transfer wishlist this summer

“Everyone wants him but can they afford him? For those that can, they’ll want him to go to their rivals and they might have to take out a loan. This guy is generational, they won’t want to lose him.

“If he goes to another team, you can guarantee with better service, he’ll score even more goals. It looks like he’s been created to score goals, his instincts are incredible. Wherever he goes, they’ll get a special player”

“For him, he can pick the right spot. It’s about where can he go to develop. This won’t be about money, it needs to be the right place to develop him further. I think if he goes to Barcelona, Messi will stay.”





Source link

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on tumblr
Tumblr
Share on stumbleupon
StumbleUpon