Thomas Tuchel sent clear Chelsea transfer message as Timo Werner emerges as Newcastle target



Here is your Chelsea morning digest on Thursday, October 14.

Kante transfer message

Frank Leboeuf believes Chelsea do not need to sign any new players in the January transfer window as long as N’Golo Kante is in fine form.

Kante, when on form, is undoubtedly one of the strongest central midfielders in European football and Leboeuf thinks if he can stay fit and firing, then the Blues will not need to spend any money in the winter transfer window.

“I don’t think Chelsea need to sign any players in January. The thing for me is to see how N’Golo Kante is going to do comparing other seasons where he’s struggling and he’s come back and shown his strength,” the former Chelsea defender said to Ladbrokes for its 5-A-Side bet on Brentford vs Chelsea.

“Jorginho and Kovacic are fantastic players when they have the ball and they do their best when they defend but there is no comparison to N’Golo Kante.”

Werner emerges as Newcastle target

Newcastle United are in “regular” contact with Timo Werner ‘s representatives over a move away from Chelsea, according to Sports BILD journalist Christian Falk.

Werner has been strongly linked with a move away from the Blues recently and the Magpies, who were taken over for over £300million last week, have now emerged as potential suitors for the 25-year-old forward.

The Germany international has started just three of Chelsea’s seven Premier League matches so far this season.

According to recent reports, Werner is considering his future at the Blues, with Romelu Lukaku now being Thomas Tuchel ‘s go-to man in attack.

Read the full story here.

Blues dealt transfer blow

Manchester United are the latest club to be credited with an interest in AS Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni.

Chelsea have been linked with a move for the 21-year-old recently, who is apparently an alternative for Declan Rice, but there has now been a blow in the race to sign Tchouameni.

Man United are interested in signing the Monaco star, who has recently starred for France during the international break, according to Italian football journalist Fabrizio Romano.

Real Madrid are also said to be keen on the Frenchman, according to recent reports from Spain.





Source link

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on tumblr
Tumblr
Share on stumbleupon
StumbleUpon